A few months ago Kodak announced Ektra, a camera with included smartphone (or the other way around?) with which sought to gain ground in the competitive mobile device market. At first this cell was limited to United Kingdom but today it was announced that the Ektra will also come to North America in April.
The Ektra is a phone with 5-inch Full HD screen. By having the Kodak name one would expect a powerful camera and in that section is offering a 21-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture and optical image stabilizer. For lovers of the selfies provides a front 13 megapixel sensor and an internal memory of 32GB with microSD support.
The Ektra will cost USD $550 and will be available with various operators. The price is somewhat high, and with a few extra dollars one could opt for another phone with a better camera. Perhaps Kodak bet by this niche that it has a special affection to the brand.
The full specifications below.
- Screen: 5 inch Full HD with 441 ppp
- Processor: MediaTek helium X 20 of 10 cores
- GPU: Mali-T880
- Memory RAM: 3 GB
- Internal memory: 32 GB, expandable via SD
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Main camera: 21 MP, f/2.0, with optical stabilizer of image and approach PDAF, LED Flash, 4K video capture
- Front camera: 13 MP
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow