Makes already some months had the opportunity of know a species of competition, baptized in that time as Hyperloop Design Weekend, where any team of designers was to have the opportunity of present their proposals for the development and aesthetic of them pods or capsules that would compose this peculiar type of trains.
After all this time of waiting, where more than 124 teams arose we met that the winner of this first phase was finally a team of MIT. In the second, the 30 best projects should take is to out and present a prototype functional that would be tested in the circuit of tests built by SpaceX in Hawthorne (California).
These are the six best proposals submitted to the Hyperloop Design Weekend.
These tests were carried out this weekend, and after all this time of waiting, finally we know the winners. As detail, let know you that only three prototypes could be tested in the circuit before the watchful eyes of the judges, the prizes were follows:
- MIT: security and reliability award
- University of Maryland: Prize in performance and operations
- Technical University of Munich: Award for the fastest pod
- Deft University: maximum overall score. Prize in design and construction
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: award to the innovation
- RLoop (only team not affiliated to a University): award to it innovation.